Saturday, May 30, 2009

Are you sure the Coen Brothers started like this?

Thurday evening, while I was looking for discount coupons in the Costco mailer for our Friday shopping trip, I wasn't even seriously thinking about getting a camcorder although I've wanted one for a while. Until I spotted the $30-off coupon on the Samsung F33. When I saw it up close at the store, it was mine! The price at the link is the price I paid, $30 off the in-store price. The damn thing does everything but tickle yer ass with a feather. It came with a case, A/V and USB cords, a 131-page owners manual CD, and a program to capture it to my computer and upload it out. I think it works.

What you'll see below is what happened the third time I turned it on. The first two times were an 'oops' and 'did it really work?'. I took it with me on our noonday walk today and just turned it on and pointed it down the trail, and I make no apologies, either for the inaneness of this or the lack of plot and special CG effects. The camera works, it's easy to use (not to use well, of course, but ya gotta start somewhere), and I'm thrilled shitless with it.

Just FYI, the liver-and-white one is Tami, and the black-and-white one is Maggie.



My mind is anything but idle, but it is still the devil's workshop. Next up - the bike mount. The rest will be history.

No comments: