Monday, December 7, 2009

Heavy Snow, Possible Light Blogging

Lotsa mountain snow out here in CA. Right now it's as deep as the augur housing on my snowthrower. I'll be in and out all day. Maybe some pics later. We're expecting another 18-24" by tomorrow so I sorta got keep after it.

This actually happened in the Safeway produce section the other day:

A visitor to our town to his wife, "We better get some cans of beans and chicken soup in case we get snowed in."

Guess who: "If ya get snowed in, just call Dominos. They deliver."

V: "They got a good four wheel drive, huh?"

Gw: "Yeah, and if the kid has ta shovel yer walkway to get the pizza to ya, be sure to tip him good."

Everybody has a good 4WD around here and today is why. Just launched Mrs. G towards work through a foot plus of snow. I blew the driveway, but that's gotta stop somewhere.

Check out our local I-80 webcams and an assortment of other local webcams. Here's our downtown one. The building is our train/bus depot, called TITT. I'm not making that up. Stands for Truckee Intermodal Transportation Terminal. Our local bus service will have you standing on the corner waiting for a TART too. Tahoe Area Rapid (Hah!) Transit. Either me or the local transpo guys have a dirty mind. Heh.

I'll be ba-ack...

No comments: