Monday, January 25, 2010

My tax dollars at work

So there I was, looking out the kitchen window while making lunch, when this monster hove into view. I grabbed the cam and headed outside to film it at work. I made it halfway down the driveway in a coupla inches of snow before I realized that my moccasins had no tread on the soles and that I was in imminent danger of falling on my ass! The operator stopped the machine for a few minutes and I slipped and slid back up to the house and put on some shoes.

Note the 'drift cutters' sticking up in front of the augur. Some places around here, they don't reach the top of the snowbank.

The berm was installed only moments before by this guy's partner whom you'll see in the vid. Wet and heavy, my little 8-tiny-horse & 1-old-jackass-powered snowthrower wouldn't have made a dent in it. The big cutter saved me maybe thirty minutes work with my idiot stick.

This all happened about thirty minutes ago. Ain't the interwebs grand?

No comments: