Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The weather is still and clear

Still snowing and clear up to here.

Last week it was nice and sunny here, temp in the 50s, driveway was clear and dry. I was contemplating busting out the three foot wide and six inch thick glacier that was the last thing between me and a little spring freedom (by that I mean I stood there and looked longingly at my bike whilst leaning on my ice whacker).

Not so fast, homey.

It started raining on Monday, turned to snow Monday night, and it's been snowing ever since. This is not at all unusual this time of year. It snowed three feet on April 1 a few years ago. That was actually fun. You couldn't drive anywhere, but the whole neighborhood seemed to be out wading through it. We just stayed in the groove and followed it to the saloon three blocks away.

Ha-fuckin'-ha Ma Nature. Gotta have yer little joke, don'tcha, bee-yotch?

I took these pictures 5 minutes ago.

The trash can lid shows the amount of snow since it started. The snow on the snowthrower is since yesterday afternoon. Note the sturdy cardboard garage over the engine room. The two lumps behind it are bags of recycling waiting for pick-up tomorrow. I put one out on Monday, the other yesterday, thus the different amounts of snow.

Click to embiggen


There is a terrific upside to this kinda weather - the pups love it!



It's supposed to be clear tomorrow and snow again on Friday, so we'll move our monthly shopping trip up a day. Mrs. G sets her own work schedule and she came up with that. Note to self: thank yer lucky stars ya got one that can think!

I return control of your set now and resume normal programming.

Update:

The Sun just came out and reminded me of why I like it here. Gray skies to the west, but for the moment it's glorious!

No comments: