Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's that time ...

Much as I love my wife (more than anything in the whole wide world), she can be a nosy broad. That, and, after 20-odd years of being together, she knows, just by looking at me, when I'm hiding something or have a secret. Now, normally that's not a problem because I don't have secrets from her. When it does become a problem is when I'm trying to surprise her with something (a birthday gift or something like that).

So, it's that time of year when we start putting our vacation schedule together. We had booked a cruise last year when we we in the Baltic, a transatlantic on Holland America Line's Eurodam for the end of August this year. After the big anniversary celebration in the Baltic, followed by a crossing on Queen Mary 2, we only planned to do one cruise this year (that and our friends Chris and Terry from Wales are coming to stay with us for a week over July 4th). We sat down this weekend, took a few hours, and planned all our shore excursions so we could make the reservations before they sold out. All done and we impressed ourselves we got it done without much arguing. Heh ...

All that said, Happy Birthday, baby.

No comments: