Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Whar da Sheriff?

Showed up to court this morning, waited for an hour for one of the Deputy Sheriffs to testify but they couldn't find him. The sent us home and told us to come back at 2:30. Just as I was about to leave, our "government minder" calls and says they still can't find the Deputy and to come back at 9:30 tomorrow. What a waste of a day.

The upside? There's a Carling Cup match on in a few minutes that I thought I'd have to miss. Leeds United vs. Manchester United. Some of us are hoping for miracles. Heh ...

Update:

Well, the Age of Miracles is, indeed, over. Man U had most of their bench warmers out on the pitch and Leeds still lost 3 - 0.

3 comments:

Gordon said...

Forty bucks AND a ball game? A good day, I'd say. :-)

Fixer said...

I'd do this gig again in a heartbeat.

Gordon said...

(like)