Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Schadenfreude of the Day

Tennessee sponsor of guns-in-bars bill arrested for DUI with gun

Police said that Tennessee state Rep. Curry Todd (R) was pulled over at around 11:15 p.m. in Nashville, according to WSMV-TV . Officers found a loaded Smith & Wesson .38 Special hidden between the driver’s seat and center console.

An affidavit charged that the lawmaker was “almost falling down at times” and “obviously very impaired and not in any condition to be carrying a loaded handgun.”

Heh. Shoulda made DUI legal while you wuz at it, Sparky. Probly coulda done it - hey, Kansas just made wife-beating legal.

4 comments:

Fixer said...

You knew this was gonna happen. Fucking conservative idiots.

Gordon said...

The cops were probably watching him. I'm sure they just LOVE the idea of going into a bar full of armed drunks.

DBK said...

This guy was arrested with the loaded gun close to hand. Tennessee must be totally fucked up if this clown feels the need to drive around with a loaded weapon next to him. What kind of fucked up place is it where you have to drive around with a loaded weapon next to you? I used to work in New York City in the bad old early 1980s when it was supposed to be such a crime-ridden disaster area. I never felt unsafe traveling at 2 AM to the Port Authority Building to catch a bus home. I certainly never felt like I needed a loaded weapon next to me. I've walked the early morning streets of dozens of cities, including New York, Paris, Dublin, and most frightening of all, Minneapolis (you've never experienced terror until you've been in Uptown and heard a voice from out of the darkness saying "Hi! How are ya?" Gives me the shakes just thinking about it). I've never felt the need to go anywhere armed, not even to buy reefers from my connection in the early 80s in Union, NJ, and he had a loaded weapon on his coffee table.

Tennessee needs to elect some better officials, ones who can clean it up, because apparently you have to drive around armed in that state.

State Rep Curry apparently seems to feel that life in Tennessee is unbearable sober, too. I don't live there, so I guess I'll have to take his word for it.

CAFKIA said...

No no, you don't have to take his word for it. I live in TN and I assure that being sober here is harsh.

The idiot forgot that not everyone would cover for his dumb ass. I don't expect him to be the last one.