Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Reading

If it's Wednesday it must be Morford's summer reading list.

Do you have a summer reading list? I have a summer reading list. Mine is, I admit, sort of wayward and delicious and not a little bit weird.

My list is also, strangely, almost identical to the reading list I had last summer. Which is similar to the one from the year before, and the year before, and so on, all the way back to something like, oh, 2002.

The only difference? Every year my must-read pile gets higher and the sense of shame over its neglect grows more pronounced, all stemming from the knowledge that, if I'm honest, the pile will remain largely unread this summer, too. I know! Pathetic, is what it is.

Shall I blame the Internet? I shall blame the Internet.

Blame the 24-hour news cycle and the Kardashians. Heh.

Go see his reading list and you'll see why it isn't getting read. Looks like the list a college freshman is issued which also never gets read.

No comments: