Saturday, February 5, 2005

Nostalgia

After listening to all of Chimpy's bullshit over the past few months since the election, I figured I'd take a nostagic look back to just before the 2000 election, when life was good. Did I find this all on my own? Sadly, No!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton announced Wednesday that the federal budget surplus for fiscal year 2000 amounted to at least $230 billion, making it the largest in U.S. history and topping last year's record surplus of $122.7 billion.

"Eight years ago, our future was at risk," Clinton said Wednesday morning. "Economic growth was low, unemployment was high, interest rates were high, the federal debt had quadrupled in the previous 12 years. When Vice President Gore and I took office, the budget deficit was $290 billion, and it was projected this year the budget deficit would be $455 billion." [my emphasis]

[. . .]


Okay, break's over, back to the fight.

No comments: