Not content with one venture into Mess O’ Potamia, at least one Republican lawmaker seems anxious to start another – this time, with nukes.
This is so twisted, it’s hard to know where to start. Which of these is the most outrageous part of this story?
* That a sitting member of Congress is bragging about his desire to drop nuclear weapons?
* That Johnson has shared this idea with the president?
* That Johnson’s favored approach to non-proliferation is an unprovoked nuclear attack?
* That this speech was delivered in a church?
* That Johnson’s audience “roared with applause"?
Is there some sort of IQ number you gotta come in under in Texas to get elected to public office? Or to vote there? Or maybe just to live there. Yeesh.