Saturday, March 26, 2005

Voice of the Sierra Foothills

While I'm blogging today, I'm listening to the best community radio station that I know of. We're just able to get it here lately, but we've listened to it for years for about twenty minutes at a stretch when we cruise west on I-80.

The station is KVMR-FM, located in Nevada City, California. That's our county seat and is located 65 miles away, on the other side of the Sierra Nevada.

They play great music with all-volunteer deejays. Right now I'm listening to some country tunes that you'll never hear on commercial stations, but they play lots of different stuff.

Go visit. You can listen live through the electronic miracle of streaming audio. You can confuse the livin' shit out of 'em, too: if you like what they offer, send 'em some money from far away.

No comments: