Friday, July 15, 2005

The stench of hypocrisy 10

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-Clueless) 11 Dec 1998, at the beginning of the Clinton Impeachment hearings. WaPo:

[. . .]

Should he be impeached? Very quickly; the hardest decision I think I will ever make. Learning that the president lied to the grand jury about sex, I still believe that every president of the United States, regardless of the matter they called to testify about before a grand jury should testify truthfully and if they don't they should be subject to losing their job.

I believe that about Bill Clinton and I'll believe that about the next president. If it had been a Republican, I would have still believed that and I would hope that if a Republican person had done all this that some of us would've went (sic) over and told him, You need to leave office. I understand that the dilemma that all of us are in about that. His fate is in his own hands. [my emphases]

[. . .]


So, when ya makin' that trip up to 1600, you hypocritical piece of shit? Yeah, thought so.

[Hat tip: Digby]

No comments: