Thursday, September 15, 2005

Glow in the dark?

I know about radiation. My dad owned an industrial testing lab and was a major contractor for Grumman, Republic, the State and City of New York. Almost every major bridge connecting Manhattan with New York, Long Island, and New Jersey was X-rayed by his people. So was the World Trade Center when it went up. My dad was one of the pioneers in the field. I worked for the crusty old Brit for 2 years as well. I know about radiation and what it can do to living things. My dad was only 64 when cancer took him in a violent and painful way. Thankfully he went quickly. Naturally, when I see this symbol:



It makes my sphincter tighten. If I poked around my garage, I could probably still find a couple of those signs. I urge you to read this post from RJ Eskow:

How's this sentence for grabbing your attention? "Some radiological waste storage areas may lack adequate protection against sabotage which could cause wide-area radiological dispersal." That's from a retired Admiral's independent report on the security capability of the Department of Energy, another crony-laden organ of the Bush Administration. [my em]

[. . .]


There's only one good thing about radiation poisoning. You don't have to turn on the light when you go take a leak in the middle of the night. But that only lasts until you die horribly and painfully. If the Chimp administration drops the ball after a dirty bomb attack, you can curse them with your last breaths.

No comments: