Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Good news

I've been relating how crazy my off-line life is, namely with friends' and relatives' health problems. Well last night, as I got in from work, Mrs. F read me an email that took a big load off. Though she and her husband asked me not to blog about their ordeal (they are regular readers of the Brain), my dear friend, who's been undergoing chemo and radiation treatments for close to a year for throat and lung cancer, got word yesterday that her latest PET and CAT scans showed the cancer in remission. 3 months ago we were preparing for the worst and hope was a fleeting thing. She's suffered so much through the treatments and their side effects and now the door to the future has been reopened. An extraordinary thing. She is 46 years old and now she can do some living again.

No comments: