Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"We didn't issue you a family ..."

Remember that shit? They'd tell you that when you had some sort of personal shit to do. "We didn't issue you a girlfriend, Sarge," was the one I heard most. I told old Stonewall once that if the Air Force did issue me a woman, I wouldn't have to go chasing the ones off-base, but I digress. That's what went through my head when I read this. "We didn't issue you a family so it's your problem."

Seems the Chimp doesn't think the troops' families need any more 'support'.

Defense Department officials have laid off most of their case workers who help severely injured service members, sources said.

The case workers for the Military Severely Injured Center serve as advocates for wounded service members who have questions or issues related to benefits, financial resources and their successful return to duty or reintegration into civilian life - all forms of support other than medical care.

...


This is the time these folks need help the most, when a lot of them are having to start from scratch, wondering how they're going to make ends meet now that the breadwinner has been seriously injured.

Link via BuzzFlash.

No comments: