Sunday, July 29, 2007

Definitions ...

From a post at Think Progress via C & L:

“A chickenhawk is someone who ascribes the bravery of soldiers in wartime to themselves because they take a pro-war position.”


Also, read the post and watch the video of a decorated veteran shoving it up Chickenhawk Rep. Michael Turner's (R-Jerk Off) ass.

And on a very related note, our pal CAFKIA turns us on to Rep. Nancy Boyda's retelling of an experience with a wingnut talk show host (video at the link):

...

“And finally, I would just like to share a story. When I was speaking back at home with one of a very right wing conservative talk show hosts and after, thank God, after we were off the air, I said something that I assumed he would agree with and I just said ‘you know, I’m really worried about these guys and gals, but mainly guys, that have gone, that they’ve been redeployed now three and four times’ — he came back to me and said ‘you know what, they should have thought about that before they enlisted, before they signed up.’ He said ‘it’s their fault.’ And I was so upset, I looked at him and I said with all due restraint, and I said no respect, it’s not with all due respect because quite honestly, I have no respect for that opinion, with all due restraint, and I got myself calmed down and left the room. But I am very disappointed, I would hope that General Keane would not say that. But I am very disappointed that, where is he to get up and defend the men and women who have so honorably served our country? Where is he and where is the rest of this military to say this is the right thing to do? With all due respect, this country has to come together and first and foremost deal in the reality of the situation and find a way to come together and put these crazy partisan politics behind us, and come up with a way forward. And maybe that’s where I should stop. And I will yield back my time.” [my em]

...


This is the way chickenhawks think too. They gave the troops the 'opportunity' to perform, by lying us into a war we have no business being in, and if the mission ends in failure, thanks to poor and inept leadership and planning, it's the troops' fault.

Like we say here at the Brain, all the chickenhawks want is cannon fodder and deck apes.

No comments: