Friday, October 26, 2007

Osama's pretty safe from our flip-floppin' big shots

I guess I got a little theme goin' this morning. I'm a pro-2d Amendment guy and a firearms and shooting sports enthusiast, not to mention being possessed of a strong survival instinct, i.e. I will personally prevent my own demise, or that of those around me, at the hands of another rather than wait like a good Librul for the cops to come and draw a chalk line around my corpse. Guns work darn good for that.

So normally I wouldn't link to the anti-gun Gun Guys, but sometimes they have some good shit. This is one of those times.

We don’t get into presidential politics much on GunGuys.com.

But a boast on Tuesday in New Hampshire caught our attention.

While speaking at a company called Thompson, which bills itself as “America’s Master Gunmaker,” John McCain declared:"I will follow Osama Bin Laden to the gates of hell and I will shoot him with your products.”

We’re all for hunting down Osama, but the current administration has failed to do that over the past several years.

Now, I'm familiar with the Thompson/Center Contender. The outfit makes other firearms as well, but that one's a premium piece. Comes in lotsa calibers, very accurate, which is good 'cuz it's a single-shot, and a mite pricey.

Knowing that Sen. McPCain's a little bucks-down at the moment, I thought perhaps he'd have trouble swingin' the ducats for one of those, so I thought to offer him the loan of my Dad's old shootin' arn, a 1914 Smith & Wesson Military & Police Hand Ejector Second Change revolver in .38 Special. It's in excellent shape, with a lock-up as tight as, if not better than, a brand new equivalent. The old wheelgun's got a real tall 'great plains' front sight blade and delivers an accurate shot at 100 yards, an incredibly long range for a handgun, so Johnnie wouldn't even have to get real up-close, albeit shootin' the fella'd be a mite personal, to bin Laden to do him.

It'd be Win-Win! OBL'd be pushin' daisies (poppies?) like everyone says they want, I'd have a historically significant firearm, and McCain'd get a big boost in his ratings. That's OK. He ain't gonna win nuthin' nohow.

That last sentence came home after I read this next paragraph. I think the theme today is poof!.

(We should note that when challenged later about his statement, McCain backtracked a bit. "I certainly didn't mean I would actually shoot him. I am certainly angry at him, but I was only speaking in a way that was trying to emphasize my point," McCain said. "I would not shoot him myself.")

Thanks for clearing that up for us John.

Go on home to beautiful Arizona, John, take up knittin' and rock on the porch. That kinda flip-floppin' out of a strong statement ain't gonna help you be president of anything. I take that back. Maybe the other ladies in the sewin' circle won't mind. Maybe you can be president of that if the opposition's not too tough.

Maybe I'm wrong about this. Maybe it's gettin' too close to the Gates of Hell that spooks him. Being close to that many politicians and lawyers'd spook anybody.

No comments: