Friday, January 25, 2008

Visitor Update

The other day I posted that I had some old friends coming over to visit. We had plans to go out to dinner and eat and play catch up.

Didn't happen.

They made it part way up from Reno and the snow started dumping a little. It's been doing that for days. Those folks are from L.A. and so aren't used to driving in the snow. Wisely, I think, they turned back. Me 'n Mrs. G were already dressed to go out to dinner, so we did. After a large glass of the house white zin, Mrs. G turned to the non-present Vivian and carried on quite a nice conversation.

I spoke with Vivian this morning, and told her to make sure everybody knows that Arnie, outlaw biker and former US Navy hard-hat diver* who once cleared mines in the Red Sea, weenied out in two inches of snow.

*He has a tattoo of a a hard-hat along with the text of what he likes to breathe: "Mixed Gas and Muff".

She asked me if I'd told him that. "Hell no! Ya think I'm nuts?" She said she'd tell him on the plane home where the windows don't open!

We're disappointed that our visit didn't come off as planned. Hey, they tried, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Next time. At least we're back in touch now, and that's a good thing.

On the plus side, I did get the house cleaned up to "presentable" and the guest bathroom rebuilt to human specs...

No comments: