Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Forgetting the evils of communism - NOT!

I will not link to Jonah Goldberg, but you can find his junior-high-level spew at the LATimes if you must. This one kinda got my blood boilin'.

Forgetting the evils of communism

An entire generation that remembers the threats posed by the Soviet empire is fading.

He mostly goes on to praise Reagan and other cold-warriors - Repugs of course - and pushes his recent inane book. Which will go unsold for $3 on the remainder table at the supermarket.

And, oh yeah, pretty much calls everybody who ain't a wingnut appeasers of communism.

Note to J.G.: Shut yer fuckin' pie-hole, you punk sonofabitch. Don't tell me that about three generations of Americans are getting amnesia about the Cold War. You weren't even born then. Don't tell me that I'm forgetting air-raid siren tests on Fridays, or that I'm forgetting diving under my school desk during air-raid drills at about age six and up, and basically kissing my ass goodbye while I was under there.

There's two generations of servicemen right here at the proudly progressive anti-right-wing Brain who served during the Cold War. Fixer actually had to go fight the sonsabitches in Grenada, and I served with guys who mounted out for the Cuban missile crisis, which was the main reason for the later Caribbean deployments like the one I went on.

Tell us about your service, ya draft-dodgin' little snot. Oh, that's right - you didn't have to go, and certainly didn't want to like some of us. You don't know jack shit about defending this country. Someone else has always done it for you.

You think we're gonna forget the conflict that shaped a good part of our lives you arrogant little piss-ant?

As far as us dying off, I'm a pretty healthy 62, and Fixer's just a kid. Either one of us could kick your ass up around your ears with one hand tied behind our back, although in concession to aging, the F-Man could do it while I was thinkin' about it. We ain't kickin' the bucket anytime soon, ya little bastard.

Just sit there in yer jizzed-up Fritos dust in yer shorts in yer mother's basement, play a fantasy game where the neocons are heroes with your free hand, and STFU about shit you know nothing about, dickhead.

No comments: