Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jennifer Granholm is full of shit ...

Being I make my living in the car industry, the Governor of Michigan was nothing but a shill for automakers yesterday. I know she knows better.

...

It’s fine and dandy for the governor to cheer for the home team, but she shouldn’t do so at the expense of reality. The American auto industry has spent the last few decades fat, dumb, and happy. They allowed the Japanese to get ahead of them in the game, not due to some nefarious plot from the UAW but due to their own idiotic inertia.

...


They allowed everybody to get ahead of them. When you build crap while the competition is putting out quality, there's no one else to blame. Look, I work on 20 and 25 year old Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans all day long. I can't remember the last time I worked on a 25 year old Chevy or an old Chrylser 'K-car' (remember them?). Know why? Because they're all in the junk yard. I feel very bad for the folks who work for GM, but the leadership there has dropped the ball too many times and General Motors has been left behind. It's bad enough I have to support the banks, I ain't supporting a car company.

Off to work ...

And an addendum: Does Barry think (being he guaranteed GM's warranties, even if they go under) the independent shops are gonna do work at a government labor rate and book time allowances? And then how long are they gonna wait to get paid? If GM goes out, Mr. President, you'd better keep a couple dealerships open or ain't shit getting done warranty-wise. None of the shop owners I know of want to be bothered.

No comments: