Thursday, May 27, 2010

Job creation ...

Raisin' da cheeb; via our buddy Montag:

...

"My gut instinct said that this would be a great revenue and job generator for the city," she said. "But after running the numbers, "I went, 'Wow, that’s really a job generator.'"

Brion’s report found that licensing a seven-acre cannabis growing facility near I-880 at the Embarcadero would create up to 371 union jobs, paying an average salary of $53,700 a year. The site could produce an average of 58 pounds of cannabis per day, and generate gross revenues of around $59 million per year. The site would grow an estimated quarter of one percent of the estimated 8.6 million pounds of cannabis cultivated annually in California.

...


I wonder if they'd let me build a little cottage right in the middle of it?

No comments: