Friday, March 25, 2011

The Craft Beer Chronicles

This may be of interest to you beer guys.

Brand X

Stark Bar grips craft beer bandwagon rave, makes local beer writer mad

Beer writer?! You can get paid for that?

Whereas L.A.’s bars and restaurants were once divided into two categories (those who served craft beer, and those who did not), the more recent arrivals seem to be increasingly divided into two new categories (those who serve craft beer right, and those who do not).

Chilled glasses aside, I also wonder why Stark Bar offers one type of glass for all sixteen beers. They’re ready with an array of glassware to serve any wine or mixed drink you order. But for beer, they only have a goblet. Now, a (room temperature) goblet is a great vehicle for a burly beer like, say, a Belgian Strong Dark Ale, or even an Imperial IPA. But the majority of the beers on Stark Bar’s bottle list require a pint glass, not a goblet.

I had no idea there was such ritual involving the proper serving of beer. "Pull the tab, chug" was about as far as I ever got. I don't imbibe any more, but this article made my eyes glaze over like I never quit. Heh.

Enjoy.

No comments: