Thursday, September 30, 2004

Good Job, John

The first "debate" is just over and here's my impression:

Kerry was poised, forthright and strong. He didn't sweat or sigh. He kicked Dubya's ass.

Bush was fumblin' an stumblin'. He sighed. As far as I'm concerned he fucked up by the numbers.

I'm certainly no expert, and I'm just the teeniest bit biased.

Update, 10:20pm OWT*

I've been watching the post-game show on MSNBC. Right after the debate, it was nearly unanimous that Kerry had "won". Within an hour, however, the spin had started as the Bush people found their footing again. I'm surprised that it took them that long: Kerry must have indeed done well.

Whaddya wanna bet that, by Monday at the latest, a good percentage of the media will reverse the outcome and declare Bush the "winner"?

We will see.

*Out West Time

No comments: