Monday, November 1, 2004

*Mein Führer, mein herz . . .

It's part of a saying they taught my aunt when she was in grade school. The year was 1937, when the Nazis were just beginning to make their powerplays in Western Europe, part of the groupthink that was taking over the German people after the Nazis came to power. They were promised a better Germany should they only swear their loyalty to Adolf Hitler. This bothers me to no end.

A couple days ago we noted Chris Suellentrop's mention of the 'Bush Pledge', the loyalty oath attendees at a Bush-Cheney event in Florida were called on to recite.

I've got a question: How often is this happening? At how many events? In how many different states?

[. . .]


Scary. When people are willing to do this, they are willing to do anything. From Josh Marshall. I would also like to know how widespread this is. If this is the norm rather than the aberration, what will Rove get these people to do if they lose? **Arschlöcher.

Update: 14:10:

From Corrente:



Update: 15:25:

From WTF Is It Now??:


*My Leader, my heart . . .
**Assholes

No comments: