Friday, February 23, 2007

Big Surprise

Politico.com

Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman of Connecticut told the Politico on Thursday that he has no immediate plans to switch parties but suggested that Democratic opposition to funding the war in Iraq might change his mind.

Like we haven't seen this coming for at least a year. He's a Repug in everything but name. Get it the fuck over with.

David Sirota is a little more thoughtful than I am. I think he gets paid by the word:

So, to sum up: I hope Lieberman switches because A) it would be advantageous for Democrats in the long-term B) it wouldn't hurt Democrats or progressives in the short-term, if Senate Democrats developed the spine to filibuster horrible nominees (admittedly an "if") and C) while he already is politically irrelevant in terms of actual power, Lieberman's switch would, finally, make him widely perceived as irrelevant, meaning that he would cease to have any effect on the national debate and that his melting, Emperor-from-Star-Wars face would stop appearing on my television set and freaking out my dog, Monty.

If you need reasons, I guess those are good ones. Cruelty to animals is a Repug deal anyway.

Note to Holy Joe: Don't threaten us, just do it. We goddam sure don't need you any more. We'll get by.

No comments: