Thursday, February 22, 2007

Quote of the Day

From Tristero blogging at Digby's:

...

The essential principle of American politics is that it insists upon the exercise of cold reason in governance; revelation can play no part, nor can any religion have any kind of privileged status. Period. The End.

...


Indeed. Worship whatever and however you will, but religion has no place in American governance.

And an addendum as I head out the door: Say nothing to me about morality derived from being a 'person of faith'. I am a good, moral man because I choose to be, not because I'm worried for my soul. Being religious does not mean you have a moral, ethical bone in your body and certainly should not be used as a litmus test when judging a candidate qualifications to hold a particular office.

No comments: