Friday, February 9, 2007

Clarification

Let me clarify, to all the people who are offended by shit I say about religion or a specific religion. When I address one or another, I am talking about the leadership and the spokespeople of said religion. You can believe what you want to believe and I'll support you, this is still America. But, listen to me, this is still America and the minute religious folk start running their yaps about government policy, they're gonna get it with both barrels.

The combination of religion and government have done more to fuck things up on this planet than any other, since time immemorial. Idiots like Bill Donohue and Frank Gaffney, the Pope, the American Jesus freak pastors, the crazy rabbis, and the militant imams have no place in our political discourse. In my book, religion lost its usefulness somewhere around the time of Cromwell, but I don't gather up like-minded individuals and try to run the rest of you outta Dodge.

Keep your crap for your congregations and you won't hear a peep out of me. The minute you try and tell me how to live my life (or tell people who to hire because of a percieved 'offense') we're gonna have problems.

No comments: