Friday, March 23, 2007

Props

This is rare enough that I felt it merited a post.

I was watching Lardass this afternoon, and Chris Matthews was talking to some idiot Rethug congressman about the house passing the supplemental Iraq bill with its conditions. The congressturd was going on and on with the usual talking points, "the Democrat Party doesn't support the troops, they shouldn't micro-manage the war", blah-blah-blah. At one point he mentioned the 'lefty' Washington Post.

To his credit, Matthews said, from my memory:

"The Post isn't liberal any more, Congressman. I've been reading it for a long time and it's a neocon paper now."

Mrs. G was home for lunch. I don't smoke in the living room so I was watching it in another room. We both applauded at the same time.

Occasionally even the gasbags get off a good point.

No comments: