Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hmmmm ...

Remember when I was musing yesterday about investing in local real estate (were I in the mood to have all the headaches of being a landlord)? Well, this morning I came across this:

Want to buy an island in the Bronx?

For an asking price of $300,000, you can claim ownership to Rat Island.

The 2 1/2-acre rocky islet a half-mile east of City Island in the northeast corner of the borough offers sweeping views of Long Island Sound - and nearby Hart Island, with its Potters Field, where the city's unclaimed dead are buried.

...


So I ask Mrs. F if she wants a private island.

"Not if it isn't in the Caribbean," was her reply.

Shit, I'll work on her and wear her down. Heh ... I wonder if the city has an ordinance concerning a naval artillery battery on the shore?

No comments: