Thursday, December 16, 2010

Heh ...

For the first time in years (the Mrs. put an end to it a while back), I personally went down to the Sheriff of Nottingham local Receiver of Taxes to pay my tribute to the King yearly property tax bill, unsupervised (she didn't even send Chooch along to keep an eye on me). Business was concluded without me getting tossed in the dungeon incident and in record time*.

*I was briefed, before I left the house, that the Mrs. needed a special kind of receipt (not my department, just do what I'm told) for the taxes this year and, since I needed them to do something for me, my opinions about the use of my tax money during the past year (and if I got rolling, I'd go back over everything since the last time I personally gave them a piece of my mind; one of the reasons I wasn't allowed to pay the taxes in person anymore) would not be appreciated by either the Receiver of Taxes or Mrs. F when I came home without what she needed. I might be crazy, I ain't stupid. Heh ...

No comments: