[. . .]
The answer is simple: We have a cover-up Congress.
Help Us End the Cover-Up Congress Now.
>From the beginning, the Bush White House has claimed the war in Iraq as their exclusive purview: neither Congress nor the American public had any right to criticize, question, or even know about poor pre-war planning.
Congressional Republicans followed in lockstep with the White House. Even as scandals erupted from every corner, they insisted that Congress provide no oversight, demand no answers, and continue writing blank checks for the Administration.
This is just a brief list of wartime scandals that are being covered up - and that a Democratic Congress would promptly get to the bottom of:
- Alleged manipulation of intelligence on Iraq by the White House.
- Allegations against Halliburton and other corporate schemers who appear to have cheated the American taxpayer.
- The role of top Administration officials in prisoner abuse from Abu Ghraib to Guantanamo Bay.
- The apparent diversion of resources from hunting Osama bin Laden to invading Iraq before notifying Congress.
- Misleading assessments of projected costs on veterans' benefits.
- The alleged exposure of a covert officer in retaliation for her husband's whistle blowing on White House intelligence manipulation.
Every American - Republican, Democrat or Independent - deserves answers to these questions. It would seem that the Republicans will do everything they can to keep the truth from us.
[. . .]
It's about time somebody's calling them out. Good on her and I hope she starts cracking the whip. A nice picture comes to mind . . .