Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm seething

A group of House Republicans have proposed a plan to offset the costs of relief and rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina that includes trimming military quality-of-life programs, including health care.

Possible sources of funding cuts to free up money for Katrina relief include reduced health benefits, consolidation of the three military exchange systems and the closure of the military's stateside school system. [my em]

[. . .]


We can spend $1bn trucking ice around the country and we're looking to cut costs on the backs of our troops? Aaaarrrrggghhh! Reading this shit gets me homicidal. Tom DeLay says there's no pork in the budget, yet we can build a bridge to nowhere in Alaska? I'm out of my mind with rage right now. I have a good mind to walk over to the neighbor I hate and beat the shit out of him just because I can. If he weren't a Democrat . . . Can you tell I have a big problem with people who try to shaft our troops?

Thanks to my pal Jo Fish for the link. I think. Go read his post on this subject too. Grrrrr . . .

No comments: