Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mental Health ...

Yeah, I know mine's questionable, but then I'm not carrying a rifle in a war zone. Nicole at C & L found the report Petraeus used to justify the troops' morale as being good:

... Now, having said that, as there is actually something called "The Mental Health Assessment" which is done every year, the last one in the late fall, I believe it was. And after several years of a generalization of morale as going down, morale actually went up ...


But Nicole says:

...

Ah, there’s the rub. If you factor out the women, the NCOs and those who have done multiple tours of duty over several years, things are looking great! By the way, I admit I was never a math major, but that last sentence about the morale being close to double this year…well, that’s true if 7.4% was half of 13.1%. Either way, that’s only 1 out of every 7 troop members who consider their morale high. Is that something to celebrate? [my em]

...


Not to mention that senior enlisted and field officers are leaving as soon as the opportunity comes up. I wonder where McCain thinks he's gonna get the troops to continue this a "hundred years"?

No comments: