Thursday, May 1, 2008

About the Masthead ...

I've received some questions lately from folks who are bored with the masthead art here. I'm gonna reprint Gord's thoughts on it:

Every morning, even before the caffeine has kicked my awakeness anywhere close to following my half-open eyelids, I see that lovely Toktong Pass exhibit from the Marine Corps Museum.

It just dawned on me, in true "lights on in yer head, dipshit" fashion: That's US here at the Brain!

Sittin' all alone out in the cold, thanklessly freezin' our beboops off, lookin' for a chance to lob a few at the enemy and praying for a secondary explosion, wonderin' if it's all worth it or if it will make any difference in the scheme of things.

A wonderful and maybe subtle metaphor.

Fixer's a lot smarter than he looks.


And I'll add that it was sent to me by Lurch.

Don't hold your collective breath waiting for it to change.

No comments: