Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vietnam????!!!!!

Dear Mr. President (and I use the term loosely),

A question.

Are you out of your fucking mind?

Another question.

Are you comparing the mess you've got us into to Vietnam?

More questions.

Are you expecting to not go to 58,000 funerals before you end this thing?

Are you planning to leave Iraq with nothing gained but misery for the indigenous people whose lives we've destroyed?

Are you planning to leave Iraq at all?

Just asking because Vietnam left a permanent, indelible scar on a lot of people I call my friends. I've seen the misery of people living (and ultimately dying) from the symptoms of Agent Orange. I've seen the misery of drug abuse and alcoholism brought on by the experience of that war. I'm just wondering if you're going to condemn another generation to go through (and deal) with the aftereffects of a years-long conflict that divides the nation and ruins our military.

One more question.

Why haven't you been impeached yet?

Fixer.

No comments: