Friday, November 13, 2009

Breaking:

Sitting in bed, watching Olbermann with the Mrs. and we hear a huge crash in front of the house. I thought some genius pulled into my driveway and hit the dumpster there. Fat chance. Some drunken idiot drove square into the light pole in front of my house, then takes off running. This is the scene as of 20 minutes ago.



Twit hit the pole at full speed and spun backwards into my driveway.



I guess Friday the 13th is my lucky day. Idiot missed my car by 10 feet and the electric wires are hanging a foot over the roof.





I gave my statement to the cops (I din't see nuthin', officer; just heard a big fucking bang.). Told the Long Island Power Authority guys that if the wind blows up the block, my power goes out but some genius can take out the pole in front of the house and the shit stays on. Then I told them all that I have to be up at 4 in the morning and I'm going to bed, and if they have to bother me, wait until morning. Wake me up in the middle of the night and I start shooting.

A little excitement for a Friday. Hope that busted up Toyota is outta here by the time I wake up.

Update (Saturday morning):

The LIPA guys were here first thing with a new pole. Poor bastids, working in the wind and rain to get everything squared away. I'm sure the overtime is good though.



Update Zwei (Saturday afternoon):

Well, there was one casualty. The bush on the corner was totaled (too bad it wasn't George W.) and I'll have to cut it up and replace it, but that's a job for spring.




Click pics to make big.

No comments: