Friday, October 29, 2010

If Republicans Lose on Tuesday, There Will Be Blood

The Rude Pundit with a 'must read' on the worst case scenario that may follow the best case scenario:

[...] ...if, as the most optimistic polling shows is possible, the Republicans don't win back the House of Representatives and lose a good many of the close Senate races next Tuesday, the reaction on the right will be violent. There will be a number of instances of Democratic headquarters vandalized, people who support Democrats will be assaulted, bomb threats will be called in, and there may even be an alarmingly well-organized, but supposedly grassroots and spontaneous, riot or two.

The Rude Pundit is not doing a William Kristol here (definition: A "William Kristol" is "pulling a turd out of your ass and showing it to everyone as if you just laid a golden egg when, in reality, it's just a piece of shit"). Look at the behavior of angry white people when there was a chance that George W. Bush was going to lose Florida in 2000 (which, you know, he did). The thugs in suits intimidated a legal body from completing its mandated task. And they won with just shouting and shoving.

Look at the landscape out there. The self-proclaimed rhetorical leaders of the right are already hetting up the blood of their followers. [...]

Beck and Limbaugh are both pushing the power of the ballot box as the solution right now. Why? Because it seems like they're gonna win. Fuck, Sean Hannity is already referring to "Speaker Boehner." So right now they believe that the election is going to be the Republican re-ascendance, but they are planting the seeds for uprising if that fails, if, say, the cell phone factor comes into play and polls are just wildly wrong.

Then you can bet that the teabaggers and other nutzoids will start thinking that they better use their Second Amendment remedies.

I'm sure some will.

I'm getting sick of this '2d Amendment remedies' (thank you Angle, you fucking cunt) Repug shit. That's in addition to the rest of the Repug shit I'm sick and tired of. This is America. We have laws. We're supposed to keep or change regimes with ballots, not bullets like in the third world shithole the Repugs are doing their damnedest to turn us into.

I took an oath once. I never un-took it, but I reaffirm it here and now:

I, Gordon E. Moore, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

The second to last sentence is no longer really applicable as there are no officers over me and I dodged the regs and UCMJ for long enough, but the oath will do as it stands.

I got this from Ross Perot and I believe in it: Never threaten, never warn. I will break that just this once: I will do whatever it fucking takes to defeat these Repug threats. With the help of God if He cares or John Garand if he doesn't, hot lead and cold steel.

These chickenhawk phony patriot throwback bastards that think it's OK to fuck with us with all their warlike talk like they know what killing is all about and don't are fixin' to piss me off. I'm a peaceable man but there are things I will not stand for. Play by the rules or stand the fuck by, teabagger motherfuckers. You will not prevail as long as one man stands against you.

Having said all that, I damn sure don't want to have to make good on any of it. When all is said and done, hopefully more will have been said than done, as usual.

No comments: