Saturday, May 13, 2006

Okay...

WASHINGTON - Seeking a quick enforcement boost at the U.S.-Mexico border, President George Bush is set Monday to propose dispatching more National Guard troops to the region and deploying additional Defense Department equipment to thwart illegal immigration.

...


I'll bite. Tell me how you're going to swing the Guard into another rotation? Ain't most of 'em in Iraq? I know in New York, we got like 3 guys, just here to answer phones. I think the entire Fighting 69th is over there at this point. I'm sure we're not alone and other states have the same manning and equipment shortfalls. Where are you going to get the manpower? Where are you going to get the money? How much you wanna bet they try to conract border security out to Halliburton?

Update:

More on stupid border enforcement policy from the Burned Over District.

No comments: