Thursday, June 18, 2009

Twit of the Day

That would be Pete "Stepped On His Weenie" Hoekstra (Imbecile - MI).

Talking Points Memo

Earlier today, Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-MI) put up this astonishing post on Twitter, likening the oppression of the Iranian people to the plight of House Republicans:

Iranian twitter activity similar to what we did in House last year when Republicans were shut down in the House.

In the hours since, the Twitter community has responded -- with massive heckling. Here's just a small sample of some of the best ones:

luckbfern @petehoekstra I stand in solidarity with the oppressed rich white men of Repub Party in the House. #GOPfail Allah Akbar!

netw3rk @petehoekstra Someone walked in on me while I was in the bathroom. Reminded me of Pearl Harbor.

I can dig that one. Anybody walks in on my morning constitutional, or before the hazmat guys are done afterwards, is likely to go down like Arizona!

TahirDuckett @petehoekstra ran through the sprinklers this morning, claimed solidarity with victims of Hurricane Katrina

paganmist @petehoekstra Had to move all my stuff to a new office w/o a corner view. Now i know what the Trail of Tears was like. #GOPfail

There's plenty more of these and comments too.

I had kinda thought Twitter was pretty inane, but it's sure good for stuff like that, and its worth in getting word out of Iran to the world is turning out to be way above its former perceived potential.

On using it myself? I'll pass. I think ya gotta have one of them little cameras with a phone in it.

No comments: