Thursday, July 15, 2010

So ...

I'm creeping up on 50 and I'm getting a lot of reminders (mostly the Mrs. and AARP nagging at me) that I gotta go get a colonoscopy. My question is, is there any way I can request an openly gay man do do the procedure? I mean, they're the folks who know what they're doing back there, right? The Mrs. says I'm crazy* and they'll probably throw me out of the clinic, but I'm serious.

That said:

The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday approved the first treatment that uses a so-called cancer vaccine, a drug that trains the body’s own immune system to fight the disease.

The drug, Provenge, developed by the Dendreon Corporation, was approved to treat advanced prostate cancer. In clinical trials it extended the lives of patients about four months compared with a placebo.

...


There's something. You know the Mrs. will nag me to death until I get checked; this might get me a reprieve from being reamed .060 over, even with a gay man at the controls.

*She says that a lot.

No comments: