Wednesday, December 8, 2004

PC

Yes, I'm a Godless, Left-Wing, Jesus-hating, baby-killing, Commie-pinko. Well, not really, but when Conservatives call me that, I take it as a compliment. Means I'm doing my job.

But this political correctness is going too far on our side. To wit:

MAPLEWOOD, N.J., Dec. 7, 2004 — Members of the Columbia High School brass ensemble were not allowed to play Christmas carols at their holiday concert this year — not even instrumental versions.

At a school board meeting Monday night, parents and students alike expressed their outrage.

[. . .]


Look, it's fucking Christmas. If we celebrate the holiday nationally (i.e. get a government-mandated day off) we can't outlaw everything connected to it. Christ belongs in Christmas. Christmas is about the birth of Christ. Hello, McFly! If you're not gonna allow the songs that were written for the holiday then don't celebrate the holiday in an official capacity. This is what pissed me off most about Dems, Liberals, and Progressives way back in the days when I was a Republican.

Like I tell people. God and I made a deal a long time ago. I'd stay out of His way if He'd stay out of mine. It's worked out well for both of us so far. You won't catch me in church, and those who try to preach to me get put on their ass, but Jesus H. Christ, let's get over this stupid PC-ness. If you don't want to celebrate Christmas, and the reasons for it, then don't recognize it as an official holiday. Sorta what we do to the Jews and their holidays. Change the name to Consumption Day, or Materialism Eve, or some shit like that. But if you're gonna celebrate Christmas, you gotta allow Christmas songs. Let's save the argument for separation of church and state for the crazy wingnuts like Judge Roy Moore and his ilk, who would like to force us all to accept their version of Christianity.

Get over yourselves and fight the fights that need fighting, not this stupid shit.

Update: 15:35:


And the other side of the coin.

Note: I had the link wrong. Just corrected it.

No comments: