Thursday, October 6, 2005

Dine Out America

Thank God! Both my DSL and my dial-up were broken this morning. It was like I had the rubber band around my arm and the needle in my vein and the candy man didn't show up! I'mmm oookay nooowww....

Yesterday, Mrs. G had a dentist appointment in Reno. We decided to conserve fuel and rubber, like we would during a real war, so we ran some errands and then decided to have dinner out. I mean, why waste a trip to the Big City?

The joint we chose was the Macaroni Grill. It's one of a chain. This outfit has about five different-named restaurants all over the country. It was about as close to fine dining as we ever get: they had tablecloths. They had a big piece of paper over said tablecloth and provided crayons, with which our server (PC term for waiter, I think), a large bald-headed brother named Percy, wrote his name on the table in big letters so I wouldn't forget it! The food was different (for us) but very good. Go see their menu here.

My point is that yesterday this outfit donated the profits for the day to hurricane relief for Katrina victims and called the effort "Dine Out America". I think that was nice.

Give 'em a try.

No comments: