Sunday, July 24, 2005

Shouldering the burden

Carla, blogging at In Search Of Utopia:

[. . .]

The Bush Administration has been painfully aware that the support for the Iraq War has been a mile wide and an inch deep. The moment there's a draft or a substantial tax increase to cover the costs, they knew support would erode. Unfortunately, the Bush Administration vastly underestimated everything else about the Iraq invastion and occupation as well.

[. . .]


The troops see they're the only ones making a sacrifice while the Yellow Republicans have their 'Keggers for Kevlar'. With the rate morale is dropping over there, if I were a squad or platoon level officer, I'd do all I could to keep the enlisteds happy. If things don't improve by next year, I sure as hell wouldn't turn my back on 'em.

No comments: