Monday, January 16, 2006

Where are we?

This past week has made me sick. I'm sick of the Democrats. I thought the Repubs were inept. At least the Repubs can mount a propaganda offensive. In a week where opportunities abounded to kick the Repubs in the nuts repeatedly, what did the Dems do? They let every opportunity slip by. This is becoming a joke. I thought being a fan of the New York Mets was masochistic.

After the Dems' complete clusterfuck this week, it makes me want to pack it in. If it weren't for the fact the Repubs were so bad for this nation, I probably would. The Democratic Party is a captain-less, rudder-less ship, adrift and foundering because there is zero leadership, zero coordination. If we win back even one House of Congress in November, I'd be seriously surprised. Look:

Iraq
Katrina
The DeLay/Abramoff scandal
Illegal wiretaps
The economy

And the list goes on. It's like having a pile of ammo and rifles and they're still using a make-believe pistol with their thumb and forefingers.

Note to Dems: You're the only ones in a position to do something about the Repubs. If you don't want to fight for our country, just let us know. I'll put my house up for sale now and head off to Europe. I might be willing to fight to the death for this nation, but I'm not willing to commit suicide for it. I'm tired of being your cannon fodder when you won't even give us close air support, let alone covering artillery. I'm sure I speak for a lot of progressive bloggers who have just about had it with you.

Update:

And just so nobody gets the wrong idea, I ain't nowhere near ready to give up. There's a lot of fight left in me. If the Dems can't do it, we'll find somebody else, maybe take a page from Sharon's book and form a new party. I'm pissed at the Dems but for now they are our only hope.

No comments: