Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lowering the bar of success about as low as it will go

Raw Story

America's top general in Iraq, David Petreaus, noted that the "surge" had achieved "modest progress," but was not convinced it would bring lasting success, reports the Washington Post.

"I don't think you're ever going to get rid of all the car bombs," conceded Petraeus to the Post. "Iraq is going to have to learn -- as did, say, Northern Ireland -- to live with some degree of sensational attacks."

I don't think Ulster had to live with several bombings daily, but putting that aside, lemme see if I'm getting the picture here:

There's 160,000 American troops in Iraq, about an equal number of Bloodwater mercenaries, 400,000 Iraqi troops and a couple hunnert thousand paramilitary cops that we've trained, and THEY'RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO LIVE WITH BOMBINGS!!!?

Am I missing something here? What part of Bush has lost this, let's GTFO don't they understand?

Oh, I forgot. Our troops have to stay there and die until all the oil has been pumped out and the profits are in the pockets of Bush's buddies. How silly of me.

No comments: