Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Cured

Well, maybe not completely, but I kicked enough of this Bird Flu thing (or whatever the hell it is) to go to work today. It's 19 with a wind chill of 7, but if it doesn't kill me it'll finish off this disease I got.

Just a commment. While I'm against the death penalty, I won't shed a tear for Tookie. Regardless of his 'turnaround', he showed no remorse or contrition for his crimes. If he really were innocent, he had a quarter-century and enough moneyed friends to prove it. He wasn't some poor schmuck who'd been railroaded by overzealous police and prosecutors. Note to anti-death penalty advocates: next time, pick a poster boy who actually is innocent. Nobody cares about a gang banger who would probably have died violently on the street anyway. Probably long before last night.

No comments: