Thursday, August 21, 2008

One who's been there ...

As some of you might know, John McCain is a long-time acquaintance of mine that goes way back to our time together at the U.S. Naval Academy and as Prisoners of War in Vietnam. He is a man I respect and admire in some ways. But there are a number of reasons why I will not vote for him for President of the United States.

... But my point here is that John allows the media to make him out to be THE hero POW, which he knows is absolutely not true, to further his political goals.

...

I furthermore believe that having been a POW is no special qualification for being President of the United States. The two jobs are not the same, and POW experience is not, in my opinion, something I would look for in a presidential candidate.

...

I can verify that John has an infamous reputation for being a hot head. He has a quick and explosive temper that many have experienced first hand. Folks, quite honestly that is not the finger I want next to that red button.

...


Much more at Military.com.

Great thanks to the lovely Avedon for the link. And by the way, what Skippy said.

No comments: