The bottom line is that 2011 was a year in which our political elite obsessed over short-term deficits that aren’t actually a problem and, in the process, made the real problem — a depressed economy and mass unemployment — worse.
A good straightforward read on how, once again, the Right is just wrong.
Me and Gordon have been writing this blog going on 8 years now. A search through our archives (close to 18,500 posts) would document the Right being wrong on just about everything over that period, starting with the War
Let's get this straight now. The Republicans of the 21st Century can't:
1. Fight a war, let alone know the proper time to start one (a hint: when the country is attacked).
2. Run the economy (any other way but into the ground).
3. Do any meaningful foreign policy.
4. Do any of the things government is supposed to do (yet they're damn good at using it to meddle into the private lives of Americans).
5. Understand the lessons of history and learn from our predecessor's mistakes.
6. Tell the difference between the words "constituents" and "contributors".
Why anybody who busts their ass for a living would vote for them anymore is beyond me.