Saturday, August 28, 2004

Can ya spare a dime?

The Agonist has a good post on the crime of being poor in the richest nation on earth which you really should read.

But what got me was something in the comments section from the father of a GI:

I look at my son who joined the army. He gets paid minimal for putting his life on the line 24 hours a day 7 days a week. He is a good kid and is a cavalry scout he leaves next week for urban combat training. He then gets ready to goback to Iraq for his 2 nd tour. On the first tour they got 1 liter bottle of water a day. After that you drank treated water from local sources, they all got dysentary so bad they soiled their clothes and of course there was no laundry. So after he pays his rent and car payment because he wants to live off base near a college campus he has about 250 bucks to last 2 weeks. I could go on but I will not. it is just very sad.


President Chickenhawk honoring our troops. Spineless worm.

And by the way, this is my 1,000th post.

No comments: