Monday, December 27, 2004

Day off

Long Island got blasted last night and it's still snowing here. 8 inches so far and they say it'll keep up for a couple more hours. Since I have a 30 mile drive to work, and the fact the plows haven't even considered coming down my street yet (nobody has considered coming down my street), my ass is staying in. Even the Long Island Expressway is closed in parts, and that's 2/3 of my trip. My life ain't worth it, just to fix somebody's piece of shit car. I'm getting old. Was a time I'd attempt it, just for the thrill of it. Puh, I might be crazy, not stupid . . . anymore.

Update: 08:00:

Just went up to the gas station to fuel up Mrs. F's Explorer. One of the local cops was parked in the station, sitting in his car. I went over to him to ask if he was stuck. He said no, just that they wrecked so many cars during the night, that spares are in short supply. He was sitting there until he got a call, instead of cruising around. It's shitty out, and they want the Mrs. to go to a meeting. Assholes. Thankfully, it's only a few miles from here. Oh, and just a note about the Explorer. This latest one of hers (2002) is one of the most sure-footed vehicles (civilian) I've ever driven in the snow. We've had it a little over 2 years and it has yet to let me down. Didn't even bother digging out my 2WD Ranger.

No comments: